Acceder | Nueva Entrada | Configuración | Diseño | Edición HTML | Salir

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Love Version


Acoustic Love version with George Martin strings.

Albums Show/Hide
1968 The Beatles (White Album)
White Album

1973 1967-1970 (Blue Album)
Blue Album

1996 Anthology 3
Anthology 3

2007 Love
Love

Info Show/Hide
Written by George Harrison, the composition was met with little to no interest by the other Beatles. The band recorded it several times, at first in acoustic style, and later in an electric version featuring a backward guitar solo, but no version seemed to work. Let down but undaunted, Harrison invited his friend Eric Clapton to join him during a day's recording session. Despite Clapton's doubts ("Nobody ever plays on the Beatles' records"), Harrison convinced him otherwise. The inclusion of Clapton allowed a moment's relief from the band's inner turmoil, as well as a chance for Harrison to free himself of lead guitar, playing only rhythm and vocal.
The song appeared on the album The Beatles (also known as The White Album) released in 1968.

Written by: George Harrison

John: guitar
Paul: backing vocal, piano, organ, 6-string bass
George: double-tracked vocal, backing vocal, guitar, Hammond organ
Ringo: drums, tambourine
Eric Clapton: lead guitar

From Wikipedia.

Lyrics Show/Hide
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I look at you all see the love there that’s sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps.
I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps.
I don’t know why nobody told you
How to unfold your love,
I don’t know how someone controlled you
They bought and sold you.
I look at the world and I notice it’s turning
While my guitar gently weeps.
With every mistake we must surely be learning,
Still my guitar gently weeps.
I don’t know how you were diverted
You were perverted too.
I don’t know how you were inverted
No-one alerted you.
I look from the wings of the play you are staging,
While my guitar gently weeps.
As I'm sitting here doing nothing but ageing;
Still my guitar gently weeps.



No comments:

Post a Comment